No text is worth dying for. That’s why the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Office and LaFontaine Automotive Group are joining AT&T to help save lives through It Can Wait, the national movement to end texting and driving.
Texting and driving is a national epidemic and a life-threatening issue that affects us all.
Take a look at these facts about texting and driving:
• Texting and driving makes you 23 times more likely to be in an accident
• More than 100,000 texting-related accidents every year result in injuries or deaths
• 90% of teens say they’d stop texting and driving if a friend in the car simply asked them
• 97% of teen drivers agree that texting and driving is dangerous
• 75% of teens say that texting and driving is common among their friends
• 43% of teens admit to texting and driving
• 49% of adult commuters admit to texting and driving
• 77% of teens say that adults tell them not to text and drive, but do it themselves “all the time”
As you can see, texting while driving may be more common than you think. And the simple fact is, those who text and drive are making the roads more dangerous than ever before—for all of us.
That’s where It Can Wait comes in. This national movement to end texting and driving has a clear goal—to save lives. Today is the day to join us in the cause because no text is worth dying for.
To show your support, visit ItCanWait.com and take the pledge to not text and drive.
Take your pledge a step further by sharing the message on Social Media. Click below for preset messages you can easily share on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram.
Click To Tweet - No text is worth dying for. Just us today and take the pledge to not text & drive! #ItCanWait – http://btbadge.tv/ITCanWAIT
Post On Instagram – Write #ItCanWait on your hand, snap a pic and post it on your Instagram page to show your support.